Cupcakes

Cupcakes
Diary of a Foodie

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Balsamic Bacon Brussel Sprouts

Over the last few years, our immediate family has decided to start our own Thanksgiving traditions by staying home and cooking everything ourselves. (And by "ourselves", I really mean me.)
With this new tradition, I am able to make and try new foods without getting backlash from family for not following the path of traditional foods. Two years ago, I decided brussel sprouts were the new side to have and I am glad I did. My oldest son cannot get enough of them (and he's the picky one!).
Try this recipe for your next holiday dinner or any weeknight dinner.






Balsamic Bacon Brussel Sprouts


1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts
4 TBSP butter
1/4 c Balsamic vinegar
4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper

Cut off the dry bottom of each sprout and them cut in half. In a cast iron skillet, or another heavy bottomed sauté pan, add the butter and the brussel sprouts. Saute over medium high heat, until all sides are slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Pour the Balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper over the cooked sprouts and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cooked, chopped bacon and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment