Cupcakes

Cupcakes
Diary of a Foodie

Monday, July 7, 2014

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Here is the easiest vanilla ice cream recipe you will ever see. 5 ingredients. There is no way to mess it up. All you need is an ice cream maker of some sort and follow the instructions for your specific mixer.

In the picture posted, I pair the vanilla bean ice cream with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.  You can eat the ice cream with fresh berries, cookies, or all alone. I will be posting ice cream variations soon, as this can be a base to many different flavors.




Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

2 cups heavy cream
2 cups milk (whole is best but I have used 1% and it totally worked)
1 vanilla bean
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Kosher salt

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cream, milk, sugar and salt. Split vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out all the vanilla bean seeds and add them to cream mixture. Whisk until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add ice cream base to ice cream maker and churn until soft serve consistency, then pour into a freezer safe bowl with a lid. Place in freezer and hard freeze for 4 hours.

TIP: I use a Kitchenaid ice cream maker that attaches to my stand mixer. I have to freeze the bowl for 24 hours before use. Check your ice cream maker for things you may need to do ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment