Cupcakes

Cupcakes
Diary of a Foodie

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Avocado Lime Chicken Salad





I'm like most American women, constantly trying to lose a few pounds. I'm not a strict eater as I feel like life would be soooo boring and sad without some sugar and fried goodness.

But, I need to eat a cleaner variety of foods. Enter in this delightful wonder. Eating clean(er) never tasted so good.


Avocado Lime Chicken Salad

8 ounces of roasted skinless chicken breast, shredded
1 avocado
juice of one lime
dash of salt of pepper

Shred the chicken into a bowl. Using a spoon, scrape out all of the avocado from the skin. Using hands, mash the avocado into the chicken, until the chicken is coated. Squeeze lime onto the chicken mixture and sprinkle with a touch of salt of pepper. You can eat this by itself, on a bed of greens, or I like to eat it on thin whole wheat bread with tomatoes and lettuce. Makes enough for two sandwiches.

1 comment: