Cupcakes

Cupcakes
Diary of a Foodie

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Braised Jerk Chicken Tacos

This is my 100th Post on In The Kitch with T Mitch. That's very exciting...for me, at least. I hope you have enjoyed and tried some of the recipes I post on here. As a simple home cook, I wonder if I am even getting my ideas across or if my recipes make sense to anyone but me.  Please let me know your thoughts or ideas you would like to see in the future.






Braised Jerk Chicken Tacos

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 TSBP Jerk seasoning (can be found at any grocery store)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1 TSBP apple cider vinegar
1/3 c orange juice
1/3 c honey

In a crockpot or an oven safe pot with a lid, place the chicken inside. Sprinkle with seasonings. Add garlic, onions, vinegar, orange juice and honey. Cook in crockpot set to high, for 4-6 hours, or in oven set at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours. Remove chicken from pot and cover with aluminum foil, allowing meat to rest for 15 minutes. Once chicken has rested, use hands or two forks to shred the meat. Add the meat back into the cooking liquid to await assembly.

Taco Toppings

1 whole, fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced
1- 14 ounce can black beans, drained and heated through
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, diced
1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
15-18 corn tortillas, softened (to soften a tortilla, add 1 tsp vegetable oil to a non-stick skillet over medium low heat, turning tortillas after 15-20 seconds, then remove them to a plate for assembly)

Assembly

Take softened, corn tortilla and add shredded cheese to center of tortilla. Top with black beans, shredded chicken, pineapple, green onions, and cilantro. Eat warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment